The peer assessor is a representative of the arts community who has expertise and experience in the artistic discipline or area for which the applicants are seeking funding. The assessor’s responsibilities are:
- To fully understand his/her role and responsibilities before agreeing to serve on the assessment committee.
- To review and evaluate the applications in the online assessment portal before the scheduled assessment committee meeting.
- To contact the program manager/officer before the assessment meeting with any questions regarding the applications or any potential conflicts of interest.
- To attend the scheduled assessment committee meeting and actively participate in the discussion and assessment of each application.
- To complete an assessment of each application with comments on the assessment and reasons why the committee reached its decision on the online assessment portal.
- To recommend which applications to fund and suggest funding amounts for those applications.