Each ArtsNL program is targeted to serve an identified clientele and will only accept funding requests from applicants meeting the specific program eligibility criteria. Identified program applicants and the types of art activities each program will support are:
- Professional Project Grants Program
Professional individual Artists, Collaborations of Professional Individual Artists, and Professional Arts Groups. Grants support project costs related to creation, production, administration, travel, professional development, etc.
- Sustaining Program for Professional Arts Organization
Professional Not-for-Profit Arts Organizations in existence for at least 2 years. Grants support administration, operating, and production or presentation costs.
- Annual Operating Program for Professional Arts Organizations
Professional not-for-profit arts organizations. Grants support costs involved in operating the organization, and creating, presenting or producing artistic works including: artist and technician fees, venue rentals, administration cost, and travel expenses.
- Community Arts Program
Community Based Not-for-Profit Arts Groups and Community Based Not-for-Profit Arts Organizations. Grants support the costs of arts workshops, presentations, productions, new creations, adjudicator fees, artist fees, and travel costs.
- Professional Artists’ Travel Fund
Professional individual Artists, Collaborations of Professional Individual Artists, and Professional Arts Groups. Grants support travel costs for artists or groups that have been invited to take part in unexpected activities that will enhance their artistic careers. NOTE: Only applications for activities within Newfoundland and Labrador are currently being accepted. Click here for more details.
- School Touring Program
Professional individual Artists, Collaborations of Professional Individual Artists, Professional Arts Groups, and Professional Not-for-Profit Arts Organizations. Grants support the touring of productions to schools throughout the Newfoundland and Labrador.
Schools in the K-12 Newfoundland and Labrador school system
Grants support school-based projects that:
- Build local partnerships that link young people, artists or arts organizations, schools, and the broader community;
- Enable schools to integrate arts activities into a variety of non-arts subject areas that align with the provincial curriculum;
- Provide opportunities for young people to actively participate in the arts, thereby encouraging them to develop their intellectual and communication skills; and
- Enhance appreciation of the importance of culture and the arts, thereby encouraging long-term support for artists and arts organizations.