REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS: Producer / Production Company
Dec 17, 2021
COVID-19 restrictions made it impossible for ArtsNL to undertake the 2020 or 2021 Arts Awards. To celebrate our artists, ArtsNL is reviving the annual one-hour television awards show, tentatively planned to air in April/May 2022.
A pre-taped, one-hour television production that showcases the 12 Newfoundland and Labrador artists/organizations who were selected to receive awards in 2020 and 2021.
ArtsNL is seeking a producer/production company to construct the one-hour show—a mixture of short clips highlighting the artists’ work and achievement, musical performances, and sketch comedy—to air in April/May 2022.
The successful producer/production company must provide:
- Samples of previous work, including live stage and/or musical performances
- A technical proposal, including all necessary production elements for filming and editing
- A detailed budget for the project
The successful proponent (producer/production company) MUST be eligible to complete submissions for other potential funding sources (e.g., the Newfoundland and Labrador Film Development Corporation) AFTER being awarded the contract.
The successful producer/production company will collaborate with ArtsNL on show format and running order, as well as procurement and selection of talent.
A committee of ArtsNL representatives will review the proposal—the primary document on which each Respondent will be evaluated—based on the following factors and listed in no order of significance:
- Total cost of the project
- Narrative demonstrating an understanding of the project
- Work plan and schedule
- Qualifications and experience of the Respondent through completing similar works on time and on budget, or a combination thereof
- Completeness of the proposal—are all the details considered
Submissions must be made via email to: email@example.com and received by midnight on Wednesday, January 5, 2022.