ArtsNL Seeks an Assistant Program Officer
Aug 8, 2023
Job: Assistant Program Officer
Posted Date: Tuesday, August 8, 2023
Closing Date: Tuesday, August 29, 2023
Employment Type: One-year contract (with possibility of one additional year extension)
Location: St. John’s, NL
Salary (scale): $48,302.80–$53,653.60 annually (CG-29), 35 hours per week
The Newfoundland and Labrador Arts Council (ArtsNL)
The Newfoundland and Labrador Arts Council (ArtsNL) is a Crown Corporation of the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador. ArtsNL’s mission is to foster and promote the creation and enjoyment of the arts for the benefit of all Newfoundlanders and Labradorians. ArtsNL does this primarily through the development and administration of public arts funding opportunities (i.e., grants) for professional artists and arts organizations, community groups, and schools.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Assistant Program Officer is a member of the support team and an integral part of Arts Council staff. This position provides all manners of administrative and logistical support for all ArtsNL’s funding programs. More specifically, the position is responsible for (but not limited to): assisting ArtsNL’s applicants with registering on SmartSimple (ArtsNL’s cloud-based application portal); assisting Program Officers with processing grant applications, including reviewing applicant eligibility requirements and all accompanying documentation; general email and phone correspondence with public regarding granting programs; assisting with organizing peer assessment committees according to established procedures; keeping peer assessment committee notes; assisting with information-gathering to announce the results of funding programs. The position will also conduct research, prepare reports, and perform all duties as required by the Executive Director upon request.
- A minimum of three years experience in arts administration and/or assisting in the delivery of public arts funding or a related field (equivalencies will be considered).
- Experience supporting a highly integrated, dynamic team.
- Knowledge of the Newfoundland and Labrador arts sector.
- Knowledge of public arts funding procedures.
- Ability to effectively record information and use spreadsheets.
- Ability to work in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Teams, Adobe Acrobat, and other technologies.
- Ability to adapt, prioritize, and support a dynamic team.
- Ability to communicate effectively (oral and written).
- Organizational skills and full attention to detail.
Information for Applications
For more information about this opportunity, please contact Melanie Martin at email@example.com.
- ArtsNL values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
- Applications must be received on or before the closing date stated for this job posting.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to submit an application that demonstrates the required merit criteria.
- Applications that do not clearly demonstrate the required criteria will be screened out.
- All applications must contain accurate contact information, including current mailing address, email address, and phone number.
- All information submitted as part of this application must be factual, complete, and current to the date of submission.
How to Apply
Please apply by emailing your curriculum vitae and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.